Snapdragon 855 Features and Specifications:
Qualcomm recently announced their new premium mobile platform what we call it was SoC. The newly announced Mobile Platform had few early names among which SD8150 was the popular one but now that the official product is out and it is named as Snapdragon 855. So, join us in discussing the Snapdragon 855 Features and its specifications.
Till now android smartphones had the premium mobile platforms as Helio P60 which is now replaced by Helio P70 with the launch of Realme U1. Another Premium mobile platform was Huawei’s Kirin 970 which we saw in Honor Play and now we see their Kirin 980 mobile platform on their newly launched Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Somewhere for a short period of time Intel were in this space but soon, they came out of the business due to various reasons.
Qualcomm came into this space with the very success of its Snapdragon 2 series, 4 series and 6 series even though they have 7 series we have not seen them in much smartphones but most successful were 4 Series, 6 series in the Budget and Midrange smartphones and 8 series in the flagship Smartphones. Snapdragon 855 is the successor of its beast snapdragon 845 which we saw in many phones such as OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pocophone F1 and Etc.
So, Qualcomm in their Hawaii Annual Summit they announced the New Mobile Platform and it was Snapdragon 855. Let’s dive into to seeing what is Snapdragon 855 is offering us.
Features of Snapdragon 855:
- Snapdragon 855 comes with the world’s first Commercial 5G mobile platform. This enables the more accurate and faster network coverage despite of the locality you live in.
- Comes with the Wi-Fi 6 enabled for the 5G era which is 60Ghz Wi-Fi mobile platform which boosts the connectivity of traditional 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi bands.
- It Comes with the HDR 10+ mobile video capture which covers more contrasts and details in the mobile video capture and playback.
- Snapdragon 855 comes with the 4K HDR video capture with the portrait mode, which helps you to take the cinema quality videos in your smartphone.
- It Comes with the World’s first Computer Vision ISP which enables you the real time object identification, segmentation and replacement to allow the users to isolate and swap out the objects and background in real time.
- This SoC enables you to capture 480FPS shots and ability to shoot unlimited HD-Slow-Motion shots.
- Snapdragon 855 comes with the Elite gaming experience which delivers the performance, features and enhancements which enables the next gen gaming with the Adreno 640 GPU, Vulkan 1.1 and HDR Gaming and Physical based rendering.
- Snapdragon comes with the most advanced and accurate fingerprint solution to date. 3D Sonic technology uses the acoustic sound vibrations from pores of your finger to deliver the accuracy. This mobile platform will also learn your finger print patterns over the time and will help in delivering the speed in co with accuracy.
- These are the Major improvements which the snapdragon is bringing there are other features which it comes with but they are related to voice assistant and Audio quality so you better understand them when you read them in their own words.
So, they were all the features of newly launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. It is not the End of it, it brings much more along so let’s discus the Specifications of Snapdragon 855.
Specifications of Snapdragon 855:
- We have already known that Snapdragon 855 is 5G enabled so let’s see what 5G is actually bringing to you.
5G Chipset which is called Snapdragon X50 Modem,
5G Technology: 5G NR
5G Spectrum: mm wave and sub 6ghz
It is the First Snapdragon Mobile Platform which is built on the 7mm technology joining the list of Huawei Kirin 980 and Apple’s A12 Bionic Chip.
- Qualcomm Artificial Engine includes the CPU which is snapdragon Kryo 485 CPU, Adreno 640 GPU, Qualcomm always aware technology and Etc.
- CPU of the mobile platform is configured in such a way that it provides you the best performance consuming the less amount of battery. The CPU in the SoC is 8 core CPU which is divided in the following way, 1 Core u which is the prime core built in ARM Cortex technology which is clocked at the speed of 2.84FGhz, 3 Cores are Clocked at a speed of 2.42 Ghz and 4 Cores are clocked at the speed of 1.80Ghz.
- Snapdragon 855 Supports the Bluetooth 5.0 with the speed of 2MBPS.
- The USB supported by Snapdragon 855 is 3.1 along with support to type C.
- It Supports the NFC and RF which provides the solutions such as 5G/4G Modem to Antenna solution. QTM052 5G mm wave antenna module.
- It comes with the new image signal processor which is a Dual 14bit CV-ISP’s. It Supports Up to 32MP Single Camera and 20MP Dual Camera Setup. It is able to capture videos in HDR 10, HDR10+ and 4K HDR.
- The Snapdragon 855 supports the Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology and the Processing speed of the SoC is 2133Mhz and the RAM used is LPDDR 4X RAM.
- There many other numerous changes which are minute and are not visible to a common man so you better visit their official site and get the proper understanding.
This is what the all new, improved and efficient mobile platform is bringing us. With this launch there was surprise announcement was made which was about the Smartphone with which this new chipset will be in users’ hand.
OnePlus made this announcement that they will be the first manufacturers who is going to deliver the speed and performance to your hands. This is not a soon to arrive project so we can expect the phone to come in the MID of 2019.
So, that’s it for Snapdragon 855. Leave your thoughts about the 855 and if you liked and found easy to understand then share with your friends and family.
Official Website for More reading: SD 855